Module 5 (Weeks 8-9): Professional Development Plan
- Alice D
- Hits: 753
Discussion: Strategies for Academic Portfolios
In the realm of marketing, a successful branding strategy is one of the most important contributors to organizational success. A solid branding strategy can help add visibility and credibility to a company’s products.
Similarly, nurse-scholars can build a personal brand to add visibility and credibility to their work. You can begin building your brand by developing and maintaining an academic portfolio. Such an activity can help share the results of your efforts and contribute to your success. This Module’s Discussion asks you to consider and share strategies for building your portfolio.
- Reflect on strategies that you can pursue in developing portfolios or portfolio elements that focus on academic achievements.
- Review one or more samples from your own research of resources focused on portfolio development.
By Day 3 of Week 8
Post an explanation of at least two strategies for including academic activities and accomplishments into your professional development goals. Then, explain how those goals may align with the University’s emphasis on social change. Be specific and provide examples.
By Day 6 of Week 8
Respond to at least two of your colleagues' posts by offering additional ideas regarding academic achievements to include or offering alternative ways of presenting the current achievements.
Submission and Grading Information
To access your rubric:
Week 8 Discussion Rubric
Post by Day 3 and Respond by Day 6 of Week 8
To participate in this Discussion:
Week 8 Discussion
Assignment: Academic Success and Professional Development Plan Part 5: Professional Development
In this Module’s Discussion, you were introduced to the concept of an academic portfolio to begin building your own brand. However, portfolios have value that goes beyond brand building. An academic and professional portfolio can also help you to build your own vision and mission and establish your development goals. In this regard, a portfolio becomes yet another tool in your toolbox as you build your success.
In this Assignment you will continue developing your Academic Success and Professional Development Plan by developing the fifth component--a portfolio for your academic and professional efforts.
- Consider your goals for academic accomplishments while a student of the MSN program.
- Using the Academic Success and Professional Development Plan Template document that you began to work on in Module 1 and have continued expanding throughout this course, you will develop a curriculum vitae (CV) in Part 5 based on your current education and professional background.
Note: Add your work for this Assignment to the original document you began in the Module 1 Assignment, which was built from the Academic Success and Professional Development Plan Template.
By Day 7 of Week 9
Submit Part 5.
Submission and Grading Information
To submit your completed Assignment for review and grading, do the following:
- Please save your Assignment using the naming convention “WK9Assgn+last name+first initial.(extension)” as the name.
- Click the Week 9 Assignment Rubric to review the Grading Criteria for the Assignment.
- Click the Week 9 Assignment link. You will also be able to “View Rubric” for grading criteria from this area.
- Next, from the Attach File area, click on the Browse My Computer button. Find the document you saved as “WK9Assgn+last name+first initial.(extension)” and click Open.
- If applicable: From the Plagiarism Tools area, click the checkbox for I agree to submit my paper(s) to the Global Reference Database.
- Click on the Submit button to complete your submission.
Note: Due to the nature of this assignment, your instructor may require more than 5 days to provide you with quality feedback.