APRN Interview Questions
The article-Advanced Nurse Practice focuses on achieving universal health access to health and universal coverage. Bryant-Lukosius and his colleagues in their article examined roles of advanced practice nursing (APN) globally to inform role development in the Caribbean and Latin America to advocate for universal access to health and universal health coverage. The authors examined literature focusing on APN roles and their effectiveness as well as their international placement concerning universal access and coverage to health. Examination of the roles of APN was limited to the nurse practitioner and clinical nurse specialists. I chose this article because it highlights the implementation of APNs’ roles in different areas.
There is diversity in healthcare system, and it is therefore critical to systematically to assess health needs of a population and the country, in general, to initiate the most suitable complement and embrace APN roles as well as implementing implementation. Effective introduction of the APN role in the Caribbean and Latin America could provide a blueprint for similar roles in low and middle-income countries.
APRN Interview Questions
Every nursing job interview is different. However, there are typical questions which nurses are likely to be asked. Based on this article, the following interview question will be asked a potential Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) seeking for a job:
· What made you choose nursing as a career and advance your professional skills to become an APRN?
· What is the most challenging aspect of being a nurse practitioner? What have you done to manage the issue?
· As a nurse practitioner, how do you contribute to the experience of the patient during your clinical practice?
· During your clinical practice, what do you do when a patient requests for unnecessary medications such as antibiotics?
· Tell me about an incident when you witnessed unethical behavior. How did you respond to such incident?
· What would you do when you find that a patient is not responding positively to prescribed medication and request more than the recommended amount?
· Explain a scenario in the course of your practice, where you went further to offer exceptional patient care. What did you do extraordinary which can be regarded as exceptional patient care?
· Have you ever found yourself in a disagreement with a physician overtreatment or diagnosis of a patient? How did you deal with the situation?
· Have you ever any differences with fellow members of the team you have worked with? How did you handle the situation? · Do you have professional affiliations? What are some of your affiliations?
1. Bryant-Lukosius, D., Valaitis, R., Martin-Misener, R., Donald, F., Peña, L. M., and Brousseau, L. (2017). Advanced practice nursing: a strategy for achieving universal health coverage and universal access to health. Revista latino-americana de enfermagem, 25.